Resources on The Millennium
Preaching last Sunday from Revelation 20, Pastor Eric exhorted us to love the Millennium. He said Jesus revealed it to us that we might avoid "eschatological hysteria" and persevere in our trials.
It is impossible to change God's plan of salvation.
It is impossible to defeat God's people.
It is impossible to deceive God.
For those interested in more about this passage and it's interpretation (in no particular order):
- A Case for Amilennialism by Kim Riddlebarger (local OC pastor, a careful examination of key passages, more scholarly)
- Amilennialism Today by William E. Cox (simple and encouraging, an old favorite of Pastor Eric)
- Kingdom Come by Sam Storms (contemporary church leader who made a very public shift in his eschatological position, comprehensive but easy to read)
- The Meaning of the Millennium: Four Views edited by Robert C. Clouse
- Three Views on the Millennium and Beyond edited by Stanley N. Gundry
- The Bible and the Future by Anthony E. Hoekema (a classic work for serious students)