Books About Sex, Romance, Marriage, and Singleness
As we have preached through 1 Corinthians the last month, you may have found yourself hungry for more on the subjects we've covered. Here are a few recommendations:
- This Momentary Marriage by John Piper provides a strong theological framework for the gift of marriage, singleness, and sex. And it's free!
- Sex, Romance, and The Glory of God by C.J. Mahaney is a great little book on how a husband can cultivate romance with his wife.
- Is God Anti-Gay? by Sam Allbery provides grace-filled counsel regarding this very personal and sensitive issue.
- What Did You Expect? by Paul Tripp on redeeming the realities of your marriage.
- Redeeming Singleness by Barry Danylak explains how the storyline of the bible affirms the single life.
"The greatest, wisest, most fully human person who has ever lived never married—Jesus Christ. His greatest apostle never married and was thankful for his singleness. Jesus himself said that in the age to come we do not marry. And he added that the age to come had already broken into this world."