The Leadership Course is an introduction into our conversation about begin a "lead servant" in whatever context God calls you. Open to all men, 18 years or older, and a regular attender of our church. We meet once per month, September through May. Enrollment opens every August.
Class One: How the Gospel Works
Leaders lead people, which means the Christian leader must be skilled at bringing the Gospel to bear on his life and the lives of those he leads.
- Listen to The Functional Centrality of the Gospel by Mike Bullmore. Take notes and don't be distracted by the referrences to "Care Group leadership." Just insert whatever context you find yourself already leading in.
- Message Outline (Please note this is from an alternate presentation. This outline deviates from the audio near the end fo the recording.)
- The Gospel Flywheel Illustration (as described in the message)
- How should the gospel function in the life of the local church? by Mike Bullmore
Class Two: Literature and the Leader
Why should we read? How should we read? How can I improve my reading skills?
- Selected readings from Lit! The Christian Guide to Reading Books by Tony Reinke (Introduction and chapters 7 through 13).
Class Three: Seeing Grace in Others
Should we commend one another? How can we use our words to build one another up? How can we excel at serving others as leaders with our words?
Class Four: Gospel-Shaped Ministry
The Gospel must dictate both what we preach and how we preach. What we say and what we do. And everything in between.
Class Five: Receiving Criticism
How can we benefit from the critique of others? Why must we listen and respond?
Class Six: Manhood and Womanhood
How does our sexuality define and shape the way we lead?
Class Seven: The Christian Community
What brings us together? What holds us together and defines our unity? How can we ensure Christ is at the center of our life together?
- Selected readings from Life Together by Dietrich Bonhoeffer (Chapters 1 and 4)